The standard media for Arabidopsis researchers is
Sunshine's Redi-Earth Professional Growing Mix.
We incorporate Marathon 1%G [pdf], a granular pesticide, to all media requests as a preventative.
Researchers may also elect incorporation of Osmocote 14-14-14 [pdf], a time release fertilizer, at a rate of 2 TBL per flat.
Arabidopsis Growing Protocols
Researchers working with Arabidopsis will need to review the Arabidopsis Growing Protocols [pdf] for this facility. All researchers will follow these strict guidelines to ensure we maintain a pest and disease-free facility.
Space & Materials Request Guidelines
- Reservations must be made via Trellis on Mondays for pickup the same week.
- Media must be picked up promptly per the request date indicated.
- Please be accurate in requesting quantity as excess media will not be held over more than one week.
- Please return empty media bins by 12PM on Fridays so request for the coming week can be fulfilled.
- Chemical resistant gloves must be worn during handling. If you borrow gloves, please return them promptly, clean and dry.
- All requestors and handlers must have completed WPS training.
- Researchers are charged a cost-recovery fee of $10.59/flat requested.There are no additional charges for space in the greenhouse or in the growth chambers.
Log in to Trellis application.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com.