All students, faculty, staff and volunteers working at the Biological Sciences Greenhouse must be trained in pesticide safety. The EPA Worker Protection Standard (WPS) has developed a training program for persons who perform hand labor tasks involved in the production and harvest of plant materials. Users are required to complete the training program prior to their project start date.
Instructions for Accessing WPS Training
- Visit Ohio State's Environmental Health and Safety website at ehs.osu.edu.
- Click on the 'Training' headline.
- Towards the bottom of the page, click on Worker Protection Standards-Worker and complete the online training.
- Read the Biological Sciences Greenhouse documentation at: WPS1.pdf
- Make a appointment with Emily Yoders-Horn or David Snodgrass to complete the WPS checklist and to sign the training certificate. You may have a copy of the certificate for your records if you wish. Original copies are kept on file at the greenhouse. The certificate is valid for 1 year.